Norton software is the most used security software by millions of users around the world. Everyone is aware of its advanced and significant features. During the installation of Norton antivirus software on your PC, you will see an error message 8504 and 104 popping up on your screen. This error is caused due to unknown software or missing installation files if you try to update your Norton software. The few possible reasons behind this error are listed below.
- If you are trying to install an antivirus but other security software is installed already on your computer.
- Norton Security software installation process couldn’t be completed and failed.
- If you have received a notification to upgrade/ update to a newer version, the process has failed.
There are also various troubleshooting procedures to eliminate this issue in Norton. You can also get immediate solutions when you call Norton Customer Service Number to fix this error.
What Are The Methods to Resolve Norton Error 8504 and 104?
Norton Error 8504 and 104 are standard errors that usually occur in your system while installing it or updating it. Fix Norton error 8504 and 104 by following a few troubleshooting methods.
1. Remove Extra Antivirus or Other Security Software
- First of all, remove ‘antivirus or other security software’ already installed on your PC.
- Click ‘Windows+R’ and type ‘appwiz.cpl’ and press ‘Enter’
- Go to ‘All Programs’ on your PC and choose ‘antivirus or other security software’ and press ‘Uninstall’ to remove it from your system.
- Follow on-screen instructions to remove a ‘Specific Program’ from your computer
- When the uninstallation process is completed, ‘Restart’ your system.
2. Make Use of Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Open Norton’s official website and download the latest ‘Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.’
- Press ‘double-click’ on the downloaded file and ‘Run’ to install the software, ‘Accept’ the license agreement and press on ‘Advanced Options
- Select the ‘Remove Only’ option and next press on ‘Remove’ and ‘Restart’ your computer.
3. Upgrade Graphics Card
- Press a ‘Right-Click’ on ‘My Computer’, then ‘Device Manager’, and then ‘Display Adapters’ or simply press ‘Windows+R’ and type devmgmt.msc and then press ‘Enter.’
- Press a ‘Double-Click’ on ‘Display Adapters’ and put a right-click on ‘HD Graphics Card’ and select ‘Update Driver Software.’
- By pressing ‘Alt+Enter key’ or by right-clicking and selecting, check ‘HD Graphics Card’ is updated or not.
- Once the updating process is completed, ‘Restart’ your system.
4. Make Use of Norton AutoFix Tool
Various errors can be removed by using Norton AutoFix Tools.
- Run the Norton AutoFix tool and find the error with an auto-detect issue and can fix it quickly.
As you have gone through all troubleshooting procedures, the Norton security software is still showing the problem. You can fix it immediately by calling Norton Helpline Number, and you will get the necessary solutions to fix it. The technical support team is prepared all the time, 24/7 hours to help and guide you in removing Norton Antivirus software error codes 8504 and 104. Get your errors resolved related to Norton after contacting trained and experienced technical executives.