Norton Antivirus software helps to keep your computer free from any Malware or nefarious attack, leading to data theft or creating different issues with your computer. But sometimes, it becomes difficult to work with its protective nature as it starts blocking programs that are necessary to perform the duties. Therefore you may need to temporarily turn off Norton antivirus protection software to ensure the smooth function of your computer.
Here are some quick steps to disable the Norton antivirus indifferent operating system to make you perform your duties without hassle.
You may note that your PC is vulnerable to Malware and Virus attack when auto-protect is turned off. It would help if you worked with a trustable website during this time.
Strategy to Disable Antivirus Protection On Windows
Follow the given steps to turn off Norton antivirus software temporarily.
- Go to the Taskbar of the windows and locate the notification section on the bottom right corner. Now click the right button on the Norton security icon.
- A popup menu will appear. Click on disable auto-protect
- A security request dialogue box will appear. Locate the option of select the duration. Click the dropdown arrow.
- Now choose the amount of time you want to disable the auto-protect function as per your requirement from the below-given options. You can select a permanent option if you wish to disable the protection function for an indeterminate period.
- Now click the ok tab to turn off Norton protection for the selected duration.
- You can Re-enable the protection function by repeating the first and second step and selecting the enable auto to protect option.
Steps to disable Norton Firewall On Windows
After disabling Norton Antivirus Protection, one can feel the need to turn off the Firewall. This can prove beneficial for users to experience a smooth function of incoming and outgoing traffic to your PC for a specific amount of time. No doubt this can be dangerous, beautiful practice cautiously then this will provide good results. One can replace the Auto-Protect with Smart Firewall where applicable.
The chronology of steps is listed below:
- Kick Start Norton and choose the Settings option.
- Now select Firewall under the General Settings in Smart Firewall and turn off by toggling the switch.
- Now hit the Apply
- In the end, the user only needs to add the amount of time in the prompt dialogue box followed by selecting an Ok
Strategy to Disable Antivirus Protection On MacOS
Sometimes there’s a need to do dangerous work to ensure better results in the future. Same way, disabling Antivirus Protection can be menacing but occasionally necessary.
- Navigate to the macOS Dock and choose Select Security. Now Norton Security interface is visible on users’ desktop.
- The next step is to select the Advanced option and choose Protect My Mac, located in the left menu bar.
- Users must ensure that Automatic Scan and Idle scan are disabled.
- Users can repeat the same steps to re-enable Norton virus protection at any point as your Mac is vulnerable to viruses and worms.
Ways to disable Norton Firewall On MacOS
Proceed with caution as a disabling firewall can be dangerous.
- Go to macOS Dock and select the Norton security option (yellow circle with a black tick)
- It will overlay all running applications.
- Click on the Advance option.
- Go to the left menu pane and select
- Turn off the option for connection blocking and vulnerability protection.
- To re-enable, turn on the option again by selecting the required toggles.
I hope this blog is helpful for you to turn off the Norton Antivirus Protection for Windows and macOS. If you are searching for more advanced issues, you can contact the Norton customer care centre and seek assistance from certified technicians.